2. Our Service.
The repair price if quoted is an estimate only, based on the information you have provided us. It is possible that the price to repair the unit is higher than the estimated price. On occasions where the new estimate exceeds the original by 65% we will contact you to authorise the repair.
All repairs carry a "minimum charge". This cost covers engineer’s time and any parts used to attempt to repair the unit. After inspection, the minimum charge will become due when: The unit is Beyond Economical Repair (i.e. it would be cheaper to replace the unit than fix it),We provide a new repair quotation and you refuse this quotation, At our discretion we may waive the minimum charge if you give us permission to use the damaged unit for spare parts. If you decide to have a phone unlocked with us and for reasons beyond our control the unlocking code will not work in your phone eg; too many tries exceded, wrong IMEI giving to us etc the minimum charge applicable is the full amount quoted to unlock the phone. In certain cases a discount maybe applied
Repairs usually take 3-5 days from the date they arrive at our repair centre. During busier times repairs can take longer to be processed. The maximum waiting time will be no longer than 28 days.
Our repairs carry a 30 day warranty period unless otherwise stated in writing. In the unlikely event your unit becomes faulty within the warranty period please return the unit with a copy of the receipt. We will investigate and respond within 3 working days. If the problem is related to the initial repair, we will carry out a further repair free of charge and return at no cost. If the unit has further problems not related to original repair or parts not replaced in previous repair we will contact you and let you make a decision with regards to the cost. We will attempt a re-repair on your unit TWICE after the initial repair. If after this, the unit is still faulty we will issue a refund. If the unit becomes faulty and you decide to bring it to another repair centre then unfortunately your warranty will become void and no refund can be issued.
Units will be held for a maximum of 14 days after they are either repaired, deemed BER or requiring a requote. We will make reasonable attempts to contact you by phone and email a minimum of 3 times. If you have not made payment within 14 days, the unit will be auctioned to recover our costs.
Liquid Damage Repairs
Liquid damage repairs can be very temperamental and are carried out on a “best endeavours” basis. On occasions the original fault can reappear after the unit has been repaired and sometimes the faults can even get worse after a period of time. Please note we offer no warranty on liquid damage repairs.
User data / information
We will do our utmost to retain any data on your unit, however we cannot be held responsible for lost data. Please ensure you backup your unit before bringing your goods into us.
Damage / Loss of Goods left in our posession
We appreciate that you have entrusted your goods in our possession, we will endeavour to look after them to the best of our ability, however should any damage happen to your property or in the unlikely event that they are stolen / lost we cannot be held responsible for this. All goods left in to TechDOC is done so at your own risk.
Payments are requested once a repair has either been completed successfully or if the unit has been deemed BER or you refuse a requote. Cheque payments will be subject to a clearance delay of approximately 5 working days.
Mistakes in bills, receipts or payments
Whilst we endeavour to ensure accuracy in all that we do, occasionally mistakes do happen. We will correct any mistakes in bills, receipts or payments as soon as possible, and no later than 30 days of agreeing to do so.
We have many satisfied customers, and our complaint resolution system helps us to ensure that our customers are satisfied, even when things go wrong. If you have a complaint, please contact us either by email or by letter. Upon receipt of your complaint, we will investigate to see what went wrong so that we can resolve it to your satisfaction, and to avoid reoccurrence in the future. We undertake to:
Acknowledge your complaint(s) within 5 working days
Advise you how long it will take to resolve the complaint
keep you informed throughout the process
5. Registration and Password. You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your password and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether authorized or unauthorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use or your registration, user account or password.
6. Your Conduct.
You agree that our web site may expose you to Content that may be objectionable or offensive. We shall not be responsible to you in any way for the Content that appears on this web site nor for any error or omission.
You explicitly agree, in using this web site or any service provided, that you shall not:
(a) provide any Content or perform any conduct that may be unlawful, illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, stalking, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, objectionable, pornographic, designed to or does interfere or interrupt this web site or any service provided, infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine, give rise to civil or criminal liability, or which may violate an applicable local, national or international law;
(b) impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity, or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you;
(c) collect or harvest any data about other users;
(d) provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising without our prior written consent;
(e) provide any Content that may give rise to our civil or criminal liability or which may constitute or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating to copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets.
7. Third Party Services.
Goods and services of third parties may be advertised and/or made available on or through this web site. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. We shall not be liable for or responsible in any manner for any of your dealings or interact
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT PROVIDED (THE "SERVICE") IS MADE AVAILABLE AND PROVIDED TO YOU AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, THAT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OF ANY QUALITY, NOR THAT ANY CONTENT IS SAFE IN ANY MANNER FOR DOWNLOAD. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER US NOR ANY PARTICIPANT IN THE SERVICE PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND AND THAT USE OF SUCH ADVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITHOUT OUR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimer may not apply to you only as it relates to implied warranties.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST TO OBTAIN SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND/OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION ENTERED INTO ON THROUGH THE SERVICE, (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS, (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. In some jurisdictions, it is not permitted to limit liability and therefore such limitations may not apply to you.
11. Reservation of Rights. We reserve all of our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have in our web site, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided. The use of our rights and property requires our prior written consent. We are not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you and you will have no rights to make any commercial uses of our web site or service without our prior written consent.
12. Notification of Copyright Infringement. If you believe that your property has been used in any way that would be considered copyright infringement or a violation of your intellectual property rights, our copyright agent may be contacted at the following address:
Click to contact our webmaster
13. Applicable Law.
By continuing to browse or otherwise accessing the web site, you signal acceptance of the terms and disclaimer set out above. If you do not accept any of these terms, leave this Web Site now.